Thursday, March 16, 2006

JIMM 40 - The Feel Good Show

LISTENING OPTIONS
direct link (mp3, 27:58, 19.2 MB)
subscribe to the feed
listen online via the free PuPu player (see Links section)

BACKGROUND
It's been a frustrating week so far for me, dealing with work hassles and waiting to feel the full benefit of the lumbar injection I got last week, if it indeed does come. Feeling really uncomfortable right now.

Thanks so much, by the way to all of you who are keeping me in your thoughts and prayers. I was cheered from hearing Jon, the Official Cheesehead, from the Tanfastic podcast, mention me in his last show. I have the best listeners!

So, for this week's podcast, I chose some music to lift my spirit up. Hopefully it'll do the same for you.

I mentioned earlier this week that we're going to Columbus this weekend (Tom's neck of the woods!) for a conference for families with children who are deaf or hard of hearing. I hope to get some audio from the conference and be able to share it with you. Maybe not so much from the speakers or other people we'll meet as audio from us. This is really the first time we've all gotten away from home together in awhile, so it's like a mini-vacation for us.

I've been in touch with Rich Palmer of Audio Gumshoe, who recently won the signed Brother Love CD. I'm definitely looking forward to getting together so we can chat about podcasting and other stuff. And give him the CD in person. :D

Speaking of Brother Love, I so wish I could get to New York City on April 6th, because he'll be playing at Arlene's Grocery on 95 Stanton Street. Also, he's actively working on putting together a music video for "Summertime", which I played back on JIMM 36. If you have any short digital video clips of your summertime memories, he wants you to send it to him at brotherlove [at] brotherloverocks [dot] com before Noon on April 15, 2006.

SHOW BREAKDOWN
"Good Day" - Natives of the New Dawn | buy the Need Something CD from CD Baby
AUDIO CLIP: Keisha and I discuss a clip of a floating dog we found on the Coverville podcast website from January.
"Cold as Ice" - Edwin Derricutt | buy the Symmetry CD from CD Baby
AUDIO CLIP: Odeo from Scott Fletcher from the PodCheck Review
AUDIO CLIP: Odeo from Bruce Murray from the Zedcast
AUDIO CLIP: Jennie and I share an idea about a walk/don't walk sign for squirrels that cross the street
"Ain't It Good To Be Alive" - Griddle
| buy the Turning Violet CD from CD Baby
"Things Are Looking Up" - American Heartbreak | buy the American Heartbreak CD on Amazon

Thanks for listening!

No comments: