Thursday, March 09, 2006

JIMM 39 - Giving Love Away

LISTENING OPTIONS

Direct link to show (mp3, 22:00, 15.1 MB)
Subscribe to the feed
Listen on your computer via the free PuPu player (see Links section)
Burn this onto a CD and share it with a friend - I'm okay with it, really

CONTEST WINNER

Congratulations to Rich Palmer from the Miami Valley Musicast for winning the Journey Inside My Mind Theme contest! He wins a signed copy of Brother Love's "Album of the Year".

PODSAFE (used as background while contest winner being drawn): "Had a Plan, Had to Change It" - Derek K. Miller from the Penmachine Podcast

MOVIE CLIPS IN THE OPENING THEME

The contest involved correctly identifying, in order, the movies from which the clips played in the opening theme come from. Here they are:

  1. The Blues Brothers (1980): "106 miles to Chicago..."
  2. Jerry Maguire (1996): "I LOVE getting up in the morning! I clap my hands together and say, 'THIS is going to be a great day!"
  3. The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975): "I would like... if I may... to take you on a STRANGE journey."
  4. The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975): "I see you shiver with antici... pation."
  5. The Matrix: "I know you're out there. I can feel you now..." (edited from what actually appears in the movie)
  6. Being John Malcovich: "What happens when a man goes through his own portal? We'll see."
MORE SHOW INFORMATION

Thanks also to Bruce Murray from the Zedcast (O Canada!) for his opening show ID and contest entry.

AUDIO CLIP: Brother Love, about the contest, with info on how to buy his music and his own podcast, Brother Love Notes
PODSAFE: "There She Goes" - Brother Love

Very cool to hear from the artists whose music I've played. I am grateful to be able to play the music; yet they are so grateful that I'm playing it.

Additional thank yous to Tom from the Buckeye Drive Time podcast, for playing the contest promo as part of the "Ohio Moment" on BDT #44.

PROMO: Buckeye Drive Time podcast

(forgot to mention during the podcast) Thanks also to Tim Kretschmann for playing the contest promo on Stimmung Stunde 020

AUDIO CLIP: taken from Adam Curry's DSC #348, including some audio feedback from Ed from Ed's Mixed Bag, about how he found out about Laura Clapp on the Podsafe Music Network via my mentioning Matthew Ebel's High Orbit podcast, which also played her music.

PODSAFE: "Hey Hey Sister" - Laura Clapp

CLOSING THOUGHTS

I want to know what you think of this podcast! What would you like me to play? I have some ideas of my own, and I'm going to continue to pursue them, but if you have something you'd like me to play, then let me know.

No comments: